Monday, September 8, 2008

What Dhirubhai would have done ?????????/

For the uninitiated Dhirubhai Ambani was the man who grew up from rags to the richest man on Indian soil during his lifetime. The way he did is indeed debatable but one must admire the guts that were shown by a uneducated man from some backward part of Gujarat to take on the might of the government and the establishment to achieve greatness.

 The current Singur issue were a ragtag group of wanabee politician and a group of villagers are putting to hold a 1500 crore project just shames me to the fact that a business man who is supposed to be ruthless and downright dirty is issuing statements to the press that he is not happy about the course of action that is being taken. 

I am sorry Mr. Tata I believe it is your Ivy League education that is stunting your entrepreneurial Skills. Sir you were born into wealth that is akin to royalty in this country but you are not using all the advantageous that comes with such a position. 

If I were you there were two courses of action I would have taken 

1 Eliminate any perceived notion of opposition even before they crop up or swat them when they are the size of an ant and not allow them to grow up to be an ant hill one way or the other (I hope I do not have to mention any methods as I believe you to be a smart man with all your ivy league education or is that all a farce) 

2 Or move to a more conducive atmosphere where your plans dreams ambitions hopes can take flight 

When I invested my hard earned money into your organization I did not based on any market study or an investment group study I did it on the grounds of your SURNAME and your promise of rolling out the Nano soon enough which I believe with all my heart has real potential. 

I believe you and the Tata organization are not answerable to a bunch of ragtag politicians who believe the are the next Che Gureva ( I can guarantee that his soul is turning over in his grave) or to a partying power in that particular state whose main aim is anti development but Sir you are answerable to small shareholders like me who have sunk in their hard earned money believing you and your ambition. 

I think it is time to come out the façade of Gentleman and be a man with cojones ( Spanish for “balls” ) and take a real decision 

Something to think about ya Ratan 

Cherio

Chari



P.S – For inspiration think what Dhirubhai would have done in such a situation

No comments: